Monday, July 16, 2012

grenell island part i

Listening to: Some Nights - F.U.N.

I spent a whole week on Grenell Island with my boyfriend, Connor, and his family. Grenell is part of the Thousand Islands in the St. Lawrence River off of Clayton, NY. We had an amazing amazing time, and these are only the first of many sets of pictures. These are my favorites out of my digitals, then I have three film cameras to develop, then a different digital I haven't looked at yet.

 This was one of the first shots I took - super fast - of our first look around.



 Normally, Connor hates taking pictures, even though he is super photogenic. Because he knew how excited I was about the scenery of the trip, however, he was a great boyfriend and let me take a bunch of cute couple-y shots of us!

Woke up early one morning for an island sunrise




 As you can tell by a lot of these random ones, I was bored on the dock and playing with background blurring and focus freezing and whatever the legitimate technical terms may be
 The only thing any of the boys drank all seven days..
 Nightly activity

 Tiny piece of Boldt Castle on Heart Island!



 Thousand Island clouds are my favorite in the world
 The island to the right is in the USA, the island to the left is in Canada, connected only by a bridge.

 Tara & Connor signing in at Boldt Castle on Heart Island
 Tara + Ryan
 Mini Arc De Triomphe on Heart Island
 This is what he got when he asked for an ice cream float.. Haha!


 Upside of poorly lit self-timed photos? They almost look grainy enough to pass as film photography! I love these regardless


 Made these shorts myself (:


 The Luna. A 377ft yacht, owned by the 68th richest person in the world, costing over $115 million.  
 I've never done these cliché photos before, and I was really lamely excited to do so.


 This picture sums up the week - our messy dock.


 I actually really like the lighting of this one.
 These two are placeholders until A) I edit them and B) I pick which one I want to keep.








 Thrifted Olympus Trip 35!


One of the best weeks of my life, no question. This was my second time at Grenell Island, and I really hope I get the chance to go back again. More pictures to come.

- Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment